1. Our mission as a Christian school is to work as partners with parents in the Christian training of their children in accordance with biblical principles. Therefore, parents must state in writing that they have read the Statement of Faith and the school’s Christian Philosophy of Education and must agree to have their children educated in accordance with these statements. No student will be enrolled whose parents are not strongly supportive of their children being taught from this traditional Christian perspective and/or who have serious differences with the school's Statement of Faith. Parents should understand we seek to lead every student to personal faith in Christ. GHCA students must be unmarried and living with their parent/guardian. No students who are married, single parents, pregnant or who are the cause of a pregnancy will knowingly be admitted.
2. The student must be able to demonstrate by testing and/or professional evaluation that he/she is able to profit from traditional classroom instruction. GHCA does offer a Learning Resource Center which provides limited assistance to students. However, while we strongly desire to be able to educate every child who comes to us, we do not have the resources necessary to educate children with substantial learning or behavioral problems.
3. Students must have satisfied all state immunization requirements.
4. Prospective pre-kindergarten students must be four years old by October 15 of the school year; prospective kindergarten students must be five years old by October 15 of the school year.
5. The student must have good disciplinary and attendance records and show agreement with Greater Houlton Christian Academy’s policies and standards. Students who have had a history of behavioral problems must demonstrate a commitment to a changed lifestyle in both personal testimony and character references. We do not require students to have come to faith in Christ, but they must be able to comply cheerfully with our policies and standards. Students in grades 7-12 must be able to sign their agreement to the Student Honor Code.
6. A secondary student (gr. 7-12) may be dismissed from school or asked not to return the following year if he/she is out of harmony with the Statement of Faith and Student Honor Code. This applies to the spirit of the Statement of Faith and its application to stated school policies regardless of whether or not the student is on or off school property, as determined at the sole discretion of the administration. Re-admission following dismissal or withdrawal will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
7. GHCA reserves the right to place students on academic and/or behavioral probation at the administration’s discretion.
Greater Houlton Christian Academy is a distinctly Christian institution dedicated to biblical principles of fairness and equality (Pro. 24:23; Acts 17:26; Gal. 3:28; etc.). Therefore, GHCA welcomes students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, providing them all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students in the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, tuition assistance programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.